Growth through Knowledge
Scripture: Ephesians 4:11–4:16
HOME GROUP DISCUSSION:
- How did the establishment of Deacons in the early church show the importance of doctrinal teaching?
- The authority of how to live a life pleasing to God comes from what source? Who is responsible to teach and guide the members of a church in God's ways? Who in the church is responsible to use what they've been taught for ministry?
- Kyle made the statement: "What you believe dictates how you live, and how you live betrays what you believe." If someone were to guess what you believed from how you lived today - your conversations, what you read, what you spend your free time doing, etc. - what part would he or she think Christ played in your life?
- Every form of knowledge we encounter is trying to realign our thinking. What are some ways we can make sure that what we learn and what we share are pleasing to God?
1. ________ the Bible.
2. Be open to receiving ___________ from one another.
3. ___________ on what you've read in the Bible.
4. Take advantage of a wealth of sound biblical teaching. (Kyle mentioned Alistair Begg as a sound biblical teacher; who are some of you favorite gospel-centered teachers, and how do you know they are sound?)